We still can’t get over the immense generosity of our friends both at home and abroad, in donating prizes and buying raffle tickets.
At the close of play on Saturday the 31st of March – when we did the Final Draw – with the sales of raffle tickets alone we had raised nearly R50,000!
I imagine you’re keen to find out who the winners were? They were:
- Natalie McIntyre in Australia – who won the 7 night safari with Wild Coast Horseback Adventures
- Jan Englebrecht in the USA – who won the signed set of Deon Meyer‘s novels in Afrikaans
- Desiree Wadsworth from East London – who won the Perseverance stud service
- Tjakie Naudé from Cape Town – who won the painting by Janet Dixon
- Anthony de la Harpe from Graaff-Reinet – who won the signed set of Deon Meyer‘s novels in English
Sadly though, that brings our fundraising campaign to a close due to circumstances beyond our control.
We had already sent Mauser to the AHS exclusion zone in the Western Cape, where he has been waiting to go into quarantine. The first shipment that he was scheduled to travel on was cancelled, and we’ve been on tenterhooks to find out when he could get on to another. So we were elated when we heard this weekend that one was available… And we were immediately cast down again when it became clear that it would not get him to the UK in good time for the race.
Regretfully, Laura has had to withdraw from this year’s World Endurance Championships.
We have not given up our plans to take Mauser overseas, and will do that early next year in order not to be caught in this situation again.
All the best, and thank you once again for supporting Laura and Mauser.